Maryland Dental Hygienists' Association Awards
Symbol of Excellence Award
The Maryland Dental Hygienists' Association is pleased to announce the open call for nominations for the Symbol of Excellence Award. The award was created to recognize those members who have provided exemplary service to MDHA and its components.
In order to qualify for the award, the candidate must:
Guidelines for Nomination:
- Be a current active member of MDHA
- Have ten years or more of cumulative MDHA active membership and association leadership experience (component/constituent)
- Be nominated by a member of MDHA
- Have advanced the art and science of dental hygiene through the association
In order to nominate an Active Member, the member must submit a completed, typewritten application detailing the candidate's leadership experience, community service activities, and association contributions. Curriculum vitas or resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Each award recipient will receive:
- An engraved plaque
- Recognition during MDHA's Annual Session
- Recognition in MDHA's Newsletter
The Administrative Committee of MDHA will review all applications. The judging will be completely competitive. The applicant judged most deserving, compared directly to the other nominees, will receive this award.
To submit a nomination, simply complete and return the enclosed application via email attachment to MDHA, Membership Chair, Kimberly Erdman at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 23, 2016.
Bertha Morgan Scholarship
Every year the Maryland Dental Hygienists' Association awards a monetary scholarship in the name of Bertha Morgan, founder and first President of MDHA. One scholarship will be presented to each of the four Dental Hygiene Programs in Maryland to a deserving student meeting
the following criteria:
1. U.S. Citizen
2. Resident of Maryland for at least three years
3. GPA of3.0-4.0 in the dental hygiene program
4. Financial need
5. S.A.D.H.A. member
6. Must complete the first year of an entry level Dental Hygiene curriculum by June 2015
7. Must plan to graduate by June 2016
8. Plan to practice and reside in Maryland after graduation
Scholarships available through ADHA.
Student Leadership Award
MDHA presents a leadership award to one graduating dental hygiene senior at each program. This student is honored for their active participation in SADHA and exemplifies leadership qualities.